We, at The Mediation Training Center of Texas, Inc., believe that the availability of well-trained mediators will lead to the resolution of many disputes that would otherwise clog the Texas judicial system as well as assist professionals in the art of communication and negotiating in the real estate, human resources, and merger & acquisition businesses.
To train individuals from all backgrounds in the art of facilitating communication between disputing parties in hopes of exploring possible solutions to any disagreement.
This program is designed to fulfill the requirements of the 1987 Alternative Dispute Resolution Act. Its focus is to train participants in the art of facilitating communication between disputing parties in hopes of exploring possible solutions to the dispute. Classroom instruction and extensive role play scenarios will enable participants to practice all of the mediation skills they will develop throughout the five day training. The target audience for this program includes the following: attorneys, licensed professional counselors, social workers, real estate professionals, and human resource representatives.
• Courses instructed by practicing Attorneys.
• Instructors have a combined 30+ years of mediation experience.
• David Verbit, one of TMTCT's main instructors, received the Houston Mediator of the Year 2009 & 2010 awards.
• Course Case Studies will be derived from a mix of actual issues handled by the TMTCT mediation team.
• Some courses offered through TMTCT will have a mix of guest speakers specialized in their respective field who will offer true insight into their fields: State and Local Judges, esteemed Attorneys, experienced Realtors and Mediation Realtors, Human Resource specialists, well known representatives from the business community.
Depending on class size, courses will be held at:
9898 Bissonnet, Suite 430-F, Houston, TX 77036
15201 East Freeway, Suite 104, Channelview, TX 77530
Current Course Offering(s):
40-Hour Basic Mediation Training Certification Course
May 30-31 and June 1, 3-4, 2013; 8:30am until 5:45pm
24-Hour Family Mediation Training Certification Course
June 13-15, 2013; 8:30am until 5:45pm
Note: Snacks and Beverages will be provided for all courses. A course agenda will be provided upon registration and/or request. Please contact email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information.